As announced would happen this spring, BARC is now taking orders for the club’s new, custom Burke Amateur Radio Club caps. It was tough to source the two (front & back) velcro patches for the tactical cap, but the task has finally been completed.
These caps are more expensive before the club member’s “instant rebate” reduces the cap to $5 than our 2015 American flag caps and they look awesome! I wore one of my these caps (pictured above) to a ham radio event the other day and the unsolicited response from other attendees was awesome.
It took 11 weeks to get the club’s tactical caps and new patches sourced, but the job is done and we’re ready to accept orders immediately!
Here is $$ breakdown if we had ordered everything from Amazon, which we did not:
- Suggested retail from Amazon for the tactical cap is $10
- Suggested retail from Amazon for the callsign patch on the back of the cap (pictured below) is $8.75
- Suggested retail from Amazon for the Burke Amateur Radio Club 2″ X 3″ patch for the front of the cap is $7.50
That’s $26.25 per cap if we had ordered everything from Amazon. Actually, if the cap & patches were to cost that much, that’s still not a bad price considering the customization involved!
Here is the REAL $$ breakdown – what you’ll pay for your cap & patches:
Your cost for a tactical cap and two Velcro tactical patches:
Individual and Life BARC Members categories: (not for individuals in family memberships)
- $5 + PayPal fee. Limit one cap with front & rear patches per member at this price
- Each additional cap & patches is at the non-member rate
Family member category:
- $5 + PayPal fee for the first family member’s cap with front & rear patches
- $10 + PayPal fee for the second family member’s cap with front & rear patches
- Each additional cap & patches is at the $15 non-member rate
- $15 + PayPal fee
- You may join BARC anytime, but to get the “members’ deal,” you must join before May 31, 2017
Front patch only
- $6.00 + PayPal fee – no limit on the number you may purchase
To complete the order on the cap(s) and two patches, please send an email to email@example.com and specify the following in the body of the email:
- Your name
- Your callsign
- The color of your hat
- What you would like printed on your rear, 1″ by 5″ patch(es) (callsign recommended else name or name and callsign – up to 13 letters)
- The color(s) of your rear patch(es)
- The color(s) of stitching your rear patch(s)
Questions? Call me at 706-466-5646
When my tactical cap gets dirty, I take the patches off, machine wash and air dry the cap.
When my caps get worn out, I peel off the front and rear patches and just order another tactical cap from Amazon or whoever.
If necessary, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to further explain your order or to make a special request. Thanks!