To all Burke Amateur Radio Club Members, their spouses and children plus we are actually inviting anyone to attend our annual BARC Christmas Dinner…
Our club always enjoys Christmas dinner together in lieu of a December General Meeting. At the November meeting, our members chose to meet on Thursday, December 6, but due to a scheduling problem, we had to reschedule the dinner to Thursday, December 13. Complete details on the dinner are below.
For everyone who would like to attend our Christmas Dinner:
- Please let know that you plan to attend
- Please let John know how many people will be in your party and
include yourself in this number.
- We may even have a little Christmas gift for our members – possibly all attendees – who respond positively by 5 PM on/before Tuesday, 12/11.
Thank you all and we look forward to a wonderful time together!
- Location: Brown’s Quality Seafood, 602½ West 6th St, Waynesboro, GA 30830
- The menu may be found at:
(They may have specials posted in the restaurant, too)
- Brown’s has amazingly good seafood and more plus a lot of it!
- Tea and soft drinks are included with many meals
- The menu may be found at:
- Dinner is at 6:00 PM on Thursday, December 13.
- Order on your own from their menu at their “order window.”
- All meals will be cooked to order, so you may even want to come a little early to place your order.
- At the courthouse, Brown’s Quality Seafood is to the west on West 6th St. at 602½ West 6th St.
- Go about ¼ mile on West 6th St., turn left onto Victory Dr.
- In about 75 ft., turn right just behind “The Corner Store & Gas Station.”
- Drive 50 ft. ahead to Brown’s Quality Seafood.
- Yummy photos: https://www.facebook.com/pg/waynesboroga/photos/?ref=page_internal
- Call Brown’s Seafood if you get lost: (706) 554-0102
Our monthly Club Meetings
The Burke Amateur Radio Club usually meets at the City of Waynesboro City Hall’s “Council Room,” 628 Myrick St., Waynesboro, GA 30830 on the first Thursday of each month at 7 pm. Supper is usually at 5:45 with the location to be announced one or two days in advance. Check https://burkearc.com for up to the minute details.
Our officers for 2018-19 as elected at the November, 2018 meeting:
President: John MacDonald, K4BR;
Vice-president: Johnny Pless, WW4KW;
Secretary-Treasurer: Debbie MacDonald, N4APZ;
Public Information Officer: Jason Cravens, N4BRK.
October was BARC membership renewal month –
Information about dues: https://burkearc.com/barc-membership/
If you haven’t paid your dues for 2018-19, you may do so online or Thursday night at the Christmas Party.
By-laws change recommendation made at the November Meeting
History: It is always a problem voting on club matters due to the 33-1/2% quorum by-law. For example, we could not elect officers for the 2018-19 fiscal year at the October meeting due to not having a 33-1/3% quorum of the membership total. Other amateur radio clubs in the area have a 15% “quorum rule.”
As announced on the club’s website over 30 days ago:
There will be a final vote on December 13 to possibly change the second sentence of Article V. of the by-laws from
“At meetings, a minimum of at least one-third (33-1/3%) of all members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.”
“At meetings, a minimum of at least 15% of all members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.”